Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Goodenough Post

So Michelle, Jermaine and I were out scouting cemeteries for 'Claire' all day, bouncing all over Ventura county from Ventura to Oxnard to Santa Paula. And in Santa Paula we pull in and the first thing we see is this family plot:

I'm not sure if the picture is Goodenough, but I think you get the idea.

My favorite moment might have been Jermaine's immediate, amused, flat out refusal to believe this was an actual family plot:
"What? No waaay! That's not reaaal." (Followed by a fit of laughter).

Of course, this family plot lead to several inappropriate jokes that we were not Goodenough to avoid.

Michelle: "Hey, what's that plot over there?"
Dan: "I dunno, I don't think it's Goodenough."

Michelle: "They were all born in the early 1900's"
Dan: "I wonder if there's anyone Goodenough left."

Jermaine: "What do you think of this location, Dan?"
Dan: "It's Goodenough, I guess."
Jermaine: "Okay Dan, time to stop."
Dan: "Okay, but when we scout the next location, let's keep an eye out for the 'Better' family plot."

This post may not be Goodenough, but hey, I tried.

Probably a good thing it wasn't the Wellenough family, because we know I couldn't have left that alone.

Update: I'm not alone on this:


Awesome.

1 comment:

Kareem said...

Jermaine: "What do you think of this location, Dan?"
Dan: "It's Goodenough, I guess."
Jermaine: "Okay Dan, time to stop."
Dan: "Okay, but when we scout the next location, let's keep an eye out for the 'Better' family plot."


That's my favorite.